The Public Trustee is a self funding statutory authority that reports to Queensland Parliament through the State’s Attorney-General.
We've been serving Queenslanders since 1916 and have over 550 staff located at 16 service centres across the state. We are the largest maker of Wills in the southern hemisphere.
Operating as a corporate sole under The Public Trustee Act (1978); we deliver a range of services to the Queensland community including:
- enduring powers of attorney
- free Will making
- deceased estate administration
- management of investments and trusts
- auctioning of property, vehicles and goods and chattels
- financial administration for people with decision making impairment
- administering unclaimed money
- acting as trustee for a number of Queensland’s philanthropic foundations and trusts.
To be Queensland’s best provider of trustee and administration services.
To deliver a full range of professional, accessible and reliable trustee, financial and related services in a supportive, compassionate and ethical manner.