Novel-Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Public Trustee is continuing to provide our full range of services, but we are making some necessary changes to provide for the health and safety of our customers and employees.
We have been serving the Queensland community for over 100 years and will continue to provide essential services during these challenging times. To do this, we will need to change the way we deliver our services.
To help ensure the Public Trustee is providing the safest possible environment for our customers and staff we:
- seek to interact with you by phone, email or post, rather than face to face
- have our staff working from locations to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus, and our team is in a good place to support this however, there may be some delays in responding to your enquiries.
- will call you prior to any scheduled appointments to check you are feeling well and to see if we can help you over the phone rather than visiting us in person.
- have increased our regular cleaning schedule and hygiene practices in each of our offices and we ask that you kindly use hand sanitiser as you enter the building.
For your safety, and the safety of those around you, we also ask our customers to please follow Queensland Health’s advice regarding good hygiene practices.
- Staying home, and avoiding travel, if you are unwell
- Cleaning hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs after being in public places
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth. And avoid shaking hands.
- Practice social distancing, which includes staying 1.5m away from others as much as you can.
We continue to monitor developments carefully, and will provide updates to our customers and the public if there is any major change. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
We understand this is a difficult time for many Queenslanders, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Public Trustee still open and providing services?
Yes, we are still open and providing essential services to Queenslanders with few, or minimal disruptions.
Our main priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff and customers, so we are doing our part to help reduce the spread of the virus by limiting face-to-face contact.
Are you still providing face-to-face meetings with financial administration clients?
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, we are limiting the number of face-to-face appointments. If you have an upcoming appointment with the Public Trustee, one of our staff members will be in contact with you a few days prior, to make suitable arrangements.
Alternatively, you are able to contact us on 1300 360 044 to discuss further.
How can I contact the Public Trustee regarding financial administration?
You can call the Public Trustee on 1300 360 044 for any questions or queries you may have. We understand this is a difficult time for many Queenslanders and appreciate your patience and understanding.
I have a Will or power of attorney appointment, will it go ahead?
With the health and wellbeing of our staff and customers as our main priority, we are exploring all possible avenues to continue to provide our services. One of our staff members will contact you prior to your appointment to make suitable arrangements.
We kindly ask that if you are unwell to please reschedule your appointment by contacting us on 1300 360 044.
How do I get my documents from the Public Trustee?
There is no change for the process of retrieving your documents. You can retrieve your documents by calling 1300 360 044.
I need to have a power of attorney activated. What do I do?
Please call us on 1300 360 044 and we will help with the activation.
Will you still be managing my trust?
We will continue to manage trusts as we would normally. If we foresee any disruptions, we will notify our trust customers.
I am a beneficiary of a deceased estate; will you keep managing the estate?
Yes, we will continue managing the estate as we would normally. We often work with other organisations such as banks and utility providers to administer a deceased estate. While there may be some delays with these organisations as a result of responding to coronavirus, we will do our best to keep you informed and updated. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
I’m an executor of an estate, can you still help?
The Public Trustee is still operating and providing services to Queenslanders and can help you with estate administration where required. Please call us on 1300 360 044 to discuss.
Where can I get more information about COVID-19?
You can visit the Australian government and health COVID-19 websites for the latest information.