"Customer at the centre" of Public Trustee’s Strategic Plan 2020-24
6 April 2022
To deliver on the agency’s vision to provide security and peace of mind for Queenslanders, the Public Trustee has released its Strategic Plan 2020-2024 – with the focus clearly on the rights of the customer.
"Our Strategic Plan 2020 – 2024 features the Public Trustee’s commitment to enhance and protect the rights, dignity and interest of customers as the key purpose of our financial, estate, trust and other essential fiduciary services for Queenslanders," said Acting Public Trustee of Queensland and CEO, Samay Zhouand.
Established in 1916, the Public Trustee has protected and managed the financial legacy and wellbeing of many Queenslanders, particularly those most vulnerable, for more than 100 years.
"During this time, the Public Trustee has continued to deliver valuable services based on the needs of the community at the time," Mr Zhouand said.
"In today’s modern world, it is essential that organisations such as the Public Trustee put a relentless focus on continuous improvement and meeting the needs and interests of customers and the Queensland community" he said.
"Our commitment to meet our Human Rights obligations and ensure the interests of our customers are at the forefront of our service delivery underpins our new vision and purpose outlined in the Plan and reflects the ongoing critical role that the Public Trustee will continue to provide for the community."
The Plan details the Public Trustee’s commitment, purpose and six key goals to achieve the vision. These include:
- Customers first – ensuring we understand our customers and continuously improve their experiences
- Leadership – fostering a culture of integrity, empowerment and continuous learning
- Integrity – delivering socially responsible services that meet the needs of Queenslanders
- Financially responsible – ensuring ethical, accountable and transparent financial management and governance
- Engagement – engaging meaningfully with the community to improve the quality of life of Queenslanders.
Mr Zhouand said the strategy represented a wide range of views from our staff, stakeholders, and the community service sector. "We appreciate and thank everyone for their valued contribution and we look forward to working with you to achieve our goals," he said.