List of email addresses for use by legal practitioners
- firstname.lastname@example.org: To correspond with a Trust Officer on one of our existing customer’s matters. Note: The Public Trustee’s customer reference should be included in the subject or body of the email.
- ClientEnquiries@pt.qld.gov.au: To contact the Public Trustee with a general enquiry.
- email@example.com: To give the Public Trustee a copy of a notice of an intention to apply for a grant of probate or letters of administration under Rule 598 Uniform Civil Procedure Rules 1999.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: To request an estimate of the Public Trustee’s fund management fees to administer a damages award. Note: The request must be in a prescribed form generated via the Public Trustee’s estimate request software. For further information please visit the Public Trustee's website - Fee Estimates – The Public Trustee of Queensland.
- email@example.com: To serve proceedings on the Public Trustee (in his representative or corporate capacity), including service of applications for the Court’s sanction of a compromise under section 59 of the Public Trustee Act 1978 as required by Supreme Court of Queensland Practice Direction No.15 of 2018. Email service is accepted at the time of receipt if during our Brisbane business hours (9.00am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday, excluding Brisbane public holidays). If the email is received outside business hours, service is deemed to have been made at 9am the next business day.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: For media requests.
If you are communicating with a lawyer at the Office of the Official Solicitor on a particular customer matter, then it is appropriate to communicate by using the lawyer’s email address, except for service. In such a case, it will be necessary to use email@example.com for service, and to cc the particular lawyer at the Office of the Official Solicitor who has the conduct of the matter for the customer or for the corporation.